23 Apr 2019 Easy Ways Dog Training for Beginners
Dog training is recommended because it makes a dog learn basic commands and it enables it to tackle problem behaviors. The training can be overwhelming for beginners but if it is done step by step, the entire exercise will become fun and less daunting.
We recommend starting therapy dog training as early as possible. But before starting, ensure you know how to handle pets and you must also know the various things that you need to teach them.
Starting dog coaching
- Obedience program: Understand how a basic foundation is set before you.
- Positive reinforcement: The training can be done in many ways however; most experts believe that the positive method is the perfect one for both the trainer and the dog.
- Use games: It is easy to understand when the training is enjoyable. So, we recommend including games and using the recommended dog training tools during the training.
- 6 weeks to a fully trained dog: If you adhere to the right training schedule, you will be able to teach a pet all the basics within 6 weeks.
It is important to also show the pet, where to eliminate if you do not intend to keep it outside. So, potty training should the first thing in your training.
- Crate coaching: Teach the pet how to like and enjoy the crate. This will assist in housebreaking and it will give the dog its private placement.
- House coaching: This training is simple but not that easy. Read online about how to be your dog’s best friend: a training manual for dog owners for more information about how to go about it.
- Excitement/Submissive urination: If the pet keeps having accidents at home, then that is a serious housebreaking problem. Pets can urinate because of excitement or to show submissive behavior.
Pets must know how to walk on a leash. Keeping them on the leash is a personal protection dog training tip. Read about how pets are introduced to the leash and teach your pet how to walk on the leash well. Walking on a loose leash will make the pet learn not to lunge or pull when on a leash.
This entails teaching a pet to feel comfortable in the presence of new people, other animals, and new places. According to Max Polyakov FireFly this is done through introducing pets to all those new things. An animal that is social is unlikely to have behavior issues. Socialization will also prevent a dog from having fears.
A usual kind of positive reinforcement is easy to understand and effective dog training style. In clicker training, a trainer can easily and properly train a pet all types of basic and complex tricks and commands. It is quick and simple to understand how to clicker train pets.
Fun tricks and basic commands
The dog training exercise has certain commands and tricks. The basic commands give animals structure and enable them to overcome behavior issues which in turn keeps them safe.
Also, it is fun to show pets nice tricks. Tricks boost the training and they give them mental simulation.
Proofing behaviors and troubleshooting
This is the final stage of dog training. You need to know how to proof behaviors so that the dog will be obedient always.
But bear in mind that even if you have done all that we have explained here the behavior problems may still arise. So, we recommend reading about dog behavior problems and how to handle them.
We hope that if you haven’t trained a dog before, what we have explained here will help you know where to start. Also, if you have done dog training jobs before please share your training strategy with us and if you have any question, write to us. Let us help each other learn more about dog training.
Rachel is a pet lover, a well-known animal trainer and one of the online assistant at https://max-polyakov.tips/ . She loves reading, traveling, meeting new people and taking care of pets (mostly the dogs). She has written a number of books and articles related to pets.