08 Jan 2019 How to Have a Healthy 2019 with Your Pet
The new year is well underway, but it’s not too late to start thinking about what your health goals for 2019 will be (for both you and your pet). The new year is a time where a lot of people make resolutions to hit the gym or eat better. If getting healthier this year is something you’ve been thinking about, why not bring your pet along with you! Below are some ways that both you and your pet can have a healthy and happy 2019.
Start Exercising Together
Exercise is one of the best ways to get healthy, lose weight, and build muscle. But exercise is not just for humans, your pet needs a workout too! Instead of hitting the gym, try these exercises that are easy for you and your pet to do together:
- Take a walk or jog around your neighborhood
- Go for a hike on a pet-friendly trail
- Do a pet-friendly obstacle course
- Play fetch with your dog and do reps while they retrieve the ball
- Swim together
Change Your Eating Habits
As most of us know, exercising is just one part of making healthy lifestyle changes. Eating healthy is necessary to feel good and look good. The same goes for your pet. Kickstart a healthy 2019 by changing both your and your pet’s eating habits. Try swapping out fast food for more greens and cook at home more often than you eat out. As for your pet, don’t buy processed dog food that is full of harmful additives and chemicals. Instead, try making the switch to organic food or cooking your pet’s meal from scratch.
Put Safety First
Safety is another part of creating a healthy life that is often pushed to the back. When you think about safety in the terms of you and your pet, there are several things you can do to improve both of your safety as you start the new year.
- Invest in a dog car seat to keep both you and your dog safe during a car accident.
- Try out a pet GPS collar that will allow you to know the whereabouts of your dog 24/7.and from the convenience of your phone.
- Utilize reflective clothing for both you and your pet when walking or jogging at night.
These are just some steps that you can take to have a healthier and happier 2019 with your pet. Let us know what plans you have to live a happier year with your pet in the comments below!